Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Book Review: A Ranger's Tale by Mysti Parker

Summary: Caliphany is an elf who longs to explore the world outside of her father's home, but he wants no such thing. When she meets a ship captain named Galidian, everything she has ever wanted comes true. But past secrets and enemies threaten to take away the life she dreamed of and has come to love. Caliphany must fight to keep her life and her love from being taken away from her for good. 


Review: I gave this book a four, but it is a very very high four. There were just a few things that stopped me from giving it a full five stars, but I'll get to that later. First, I want to say that this was an awesome book. Fantasy/paranormal romances are one of my favorite genres to read, so I loved Caliphany and her abilities. My favorite part of the book was her romance with Galadin. They have an undeniable attraction from the start, but he's a ranger and she must study at home under her father. The world they lived in was so interesting and at times scary. For the entire book, I couldn't wait to see what happened next. The problems I had with A Ranger's Tale was that the middle of the book was a bit slow. The beginning and end were great, but time just sort of dragged by for Caliphany in the middle and so did the story. One other thing is that I felt like Caliphany and Galadin's relationship progressed a bit too fast. I think more time was needed for them to grow in their relationship (like how they act with each other) before diving in head first. Overall A Ranger's Tale was an excellent romance book and I was really sad when it had to end.








1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...