Monday, January 2, 2012

Movie Review: The Three Musketeers

Summary: The hot-headed young D'Artagnan along with three former legendary but now down on their luck Musketeers must unite and defeat a beautiful double agent and her villainous employer from seizing the French throne and engulfing Europe in war.


Review: I absolutely LOVED the 1993 version of this movie, so I was really excited to see the newly improved version in theaters. This version was definitely new (including flying ships) but I would have to say nothing can beat the Kiefer Sutherland/Chris O'Donnell movie. 


Looking at this movie by itself, though, it was pretty good. D'Artagnan was as young and arrogant as ever, but he really made the movie with his passion and fearlessness really bringing the Musketeers together. What I liked in this movie was how the Countess de Winter had a bigger part in this movie and it was really explained how she betrayed Athos. I loved the time period it was portrayed in, with their clothes, dialect, and tools. There was rarely a dull moment in the story and the action was really fun to watch. 


Though I'd recommend the 1993 version over this one (which if you haven't seen, get it NOW), this newer version was actually fun to watch. It was weird seeing Orlando Bloom as a villain, but he made it work. So as a movie, The Three Musketeers brought back the story we all know and love with a new and interesting twist.




2 comments:

  1. I really like the 1993 version- and I wasn't even aware that there was a new version out! Where have I been? I will have to check it out to compare- from your post it sounds good.

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

    Click Here
    Shutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...