Sunday, December 9, 2012

Author Interview: Alexandra Sellers


Today, I have the pleasure of sharing an interview with the lovely Alexandra Sellers to all of my readers! Alexandra is a romance writer who has published over 39 novels. She's here today to tell us a little bit about herself and her books!



In three words, how would you describe your writing? 
Intense, emotional, passionate. 

Why romance? 
Well, it's not really 'romance' for me.  It's love.  Deep, soul-burning love.  And I write about love because I like to deal with its awesome power--my own version of playing with fire.  (Yes, I like doing that, too.)

If you could be anyone from your books, who would you be and why? 
To be an Arab princess is very tempting, of course, but I think I'd be Laddy Penreith, the London journalist in Captive of Desire.

Why did you decide to move to self publishing?
To escape the increasing restrictiveness of the formulae that Marketing and thus Editorial are now demanding.  And because I feel they are stifling my backlist.

Why writing? Has it always been a part of your life? 
Always.  I wrote down my first short story at ten years of age, after years of inventing them.   Thereafter I was always writing.

What do you do when you're not writing? 
Feed the cats.

What's your favorite color?  
Rainbow.

What's your favorite book and why? 
Like most people, I imagine, I have different favourite books for different moods, and for different purposes.  Jane Austen always soothes me somehow, and Robert Harris's Ghost is such a cathartic read I am forever grateful to him.  Idries Shah's The Sufis is probably the most life-changing book I've ever read.  And Robertson Davies' What's Bred in the Bone is a wonderful revelation about the power of fiction.

Unless you mean, of my own books?  Then it's Captive of Desire.  Because for me it's right on the coalface of passionate love.

What can we expect from you next? 
I'm hoping to reissue more back titles, and then, later in the new year, a brand new title in my Sons of the Desert miniseries-- Poor Little Rich Girl's Sheikh.



I want to give a huge thanks to Alexandra for being a guest here on Peace Love Books! It was fun getting to know you and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us in the future! If you want to know more about Alexandra and her books, be sure to check out the links below: 




1 comment:

  1. This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

    Scalefair
    Autostar

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...