Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (83)

This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

Severed Heads, Broken Hearts
By Robyn Schneider
Release Date: June 4, 2013
Summary: Golden boy Ezra Faulkner believes everyone has a tragedy waiting for them—a single encounter after which everything that really matters will happen. His particular tragedy waited until he was primed to lose it all: in one spectacular night, a reckless driver shatters Ezra’s knee, his athletic career, and his social life.

No longer a front-runner for Homecoming King, Ezra finds himself at the table of misfits, where he encounters new girl Cassidy Thorpe. Cassidy is unlike anyone Ezra’s ever met, achingly effortless, fiercely intelligent, and determined to bring Ezra along on her endless adventures.

But as Ezra dives into his new studies, new friendships, and new love, he learns that some people, like books, are easy to misread. And now he must consider: if one’s singular tragedy has already hit and everything after it has mattered quite a bit, what happens when more misfortune strikes? 

Robyn Schneider’s Severed Heads, Broken Hearts is a lyrical, witty, and heart-wrenching novel about how difficult it is to play the part that people expect, and how new beginnings can stem from abrupt and tragic endings.




I found this one a couple of weeks ago and thought it sounded so good! First off, the main character's name is Ezra, which is pretty awesome. Then, the summary says that this is basically a misfit love story, which are my favorites. I absolutely can't wait for this one to come out! 

10 comments:

  1. Yes! Yes! Yes! I totally love the book you pick this week! The cover is quirky and the storyline sounds so much fun!

    Happy Reading!
    My WoW: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-24-dirty-little.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really tempting...thanks for sharing, and enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. After Eleanor & Park, I need another misfit love story to fill this void I seem to have. Great pick, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! I love contemporary YA and will definitely be adding this one to the TBR pile.

    If you have the chance, stop by our WOW .

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pick. I like the cover and the description.

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-39.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although this isn't my usual kind of book, this one sounds really interesting!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been seeing this around a bit. It sounds awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn'ts ounds like my kind of read but still hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't heard of this one. It sounds fun! I like your blog! Following.
    ~Sabrina@iheart y.a.fiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spot on with this write-up, I truly think this website needs much more consideration. I’ll probably be again to read much more, thanks for that info.

    Click Here
    Ieillinois.org
    Website

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...