Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (121)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

Defy
By Sara B Larson
Release Date: January 7, 2013
Summary: A lush and gorgeously written debut, packed with action, intrigue, and a thrilling love triangle.

Alexa Hollen is a fighter. Forced to disguise herself as a boy and serve in the king's army, Alex uses her quick wit and fierce sword-fighting skills to earn a spot on the elite prince's guard. But when a powerful sorcerer sneaks into the palace in the dead of night, even Alex, who is virtually unbeatable, can't prevent him from abducting her, her fellow guard and friend Rylan, and Prince Damian, taking them through the treacherous wilds of the jungle and deep into enemy territory.

The longer Alex is held captive with both Rylan and the prince, the more she realizes that she is not the only one who has been keeping dangerous secrets. And suddenly, after her own secret is revealed, Alex finds herself confronted with two men vying for her heart: the safe and steady Rylan, who has always cared for her, and the dark, intriguing Damian. With hidden foes lurking around every corner, is Alex strong enough to save herself and the kingdom she's sworn to protect?


-------------------------------------

I know love triangles can get annoying, but how awesome does this book sound? I mean, she pretends to be a man so that she can join the army, ends up being the guard for the Prince, gets capture with said prince and her best friend, and then once it's revealed she's a girl, both of them want her. Talk about complicated! I really love the whole idea of her being a guard for the prince and then having to choose between the prince and a fellow guard/friend. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome pick. This is in my WoW today, too :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to add this to the list. Defy also reminds me of the Eon/Eona duology by Alison Goodman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good, although it reminds me a bit of The Burning Sky (I think - might be getting confused :/ ) Nice pick!

    My WoW .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got this on Netgalley and can't wait to read it!! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh nice! Saw this one earlier somewhere! And saw it on Netgalley too! Hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for Defy! I got an ARC of that one - the cover is so epic! I mean, it's really simple, yet EPIC. I like it! I hope you enjoy this one when you get to read it :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to this book as well, girl in disguise has been one of my favorite tropes since The Song of the Lioness Quartet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really looking forward to this book as well. Great pick.

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm seeing Defy around today! I cannot wait to read it =)

    Our WoW
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...