Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (137)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

On the Fence
By Kasie West 
Release Date: July 1, 2014
Summary: She's a tomboy. He's the boy next door…

Charlie Reynolds can outrun, outscore, and outwit every boy she knows. But when it comes to being a girl, Charlie doesn't know the first thing about anything. So when she starts working at a chichi boutique to pay off a speeding ticket, she finds herself in a strange new world. To cope with the stress of her new reality, Charlie takes to spending nights chatting with her neighbor Braden through the fence between their yards. As she grows to depend on their nightly Fence Chats, she realizes she's got a bigger problem than speeding tickets-she's falling for Braden. She knows what it means to go for the win, but if spilling her secret means losing him for good, the stakes just got too high.

Fun, original, and endearing, On the Fence is a romantic comedy about finding yourself and finding love where you least expect.


-------------------------------------

While some people think boy-next-door stories are cliche, I absolutely love them. I think it's a fun twist that in this one, the girl next door is actually a tomboy who doesn't know anything about being a girlygirl. And the whole concept of "Fence Chats" is just too cute. I can't wait to see how their relationship grows as they get to know each other through their fence. It sounds like this one is going to be a cute contemporary romance that I'm definitely going to love. 

12 comments:

  1. You're right, even though boy next-door cliche is something I see in so many books I always end up enjoying them. Probably cause I can relate to it :) Great pick :)

    Here is our WOW pick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I definitely can't wait to read this one! I love those type of contemporary stories as well - other than those, I'm not a huge fan of contemporary. I have this one from Edelweiss! Cannot wait to read it. Hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it sounds so sweet! Just added it to my TBR, thanks for sharing :)
    My WoW
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this on my TBR! It looks so dang cute! I can't wait for it either! Thanks so much for a great pick!

    Kristalyn @ The Sarcastic Palmtree
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Choice!! I have had this book on my TBR list for a while.

    Here is my WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/04/waiting-on-wednesday-torn-away-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read this one either!
    http://thewhiteunicornfiction.blogspot.com/2014/04/waiting-on-wednesday-feral.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Seeing a lot of this one. Not my kind of read, but still hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love boy-next-door books, too and absolutely love Kasie West. This one sounds adorable and I can't wait to read it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved her book The Distance Between Us! Hopefully this one is just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was my pick a few weeks ago! I love Kasie West's contemps! The Distance Between Us was good, so I'm hoping this one is better! Great pick!

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read The Distance Between Us a few months ago and adored it so I'm definitely also waiting on this one :) Great pick!

    My WoW .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am excited to read this one too! Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...