Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books/Movies to Read or Watch to Get in the Halloween Spirit

This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. So hopefully I'll have a new list to share with you all each week!

This Week's Topic: Top Ten Books/Movies to Read or Watch to Get in the Halloween Spirit

Since I love both books and movies, I've decided to share with you five books and five movies that will definitely put you in the mood for Halloween! Since I don't typically do scary (I'm terrified of scary movies), most of what I recommend are much more lighthearted ways to celebrate the holiday :) 

Top 5 Books

1. Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender
2. The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade
3. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh 


4. Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper
5. Dead River by Cyn Balog

Top 5 Movies
1. Hocus Pocus (1993)
2. Halloweentown (1998)

4. Casper Meets Wendy (1998)

7 comments:

  1. OOOOOH! Nevermore, that's a great pick! Oh, Halloweentown, Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire, and Casper Meets Wendy is like my childhood! I miss those movies. Harry Potter<3

    Great choices!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh nice! Totally gushing over the movies! As I've seen them all! Loved those Disney Channel ones before their movies started focusing on music and that kind of thing more. Kind of blame Hilary Duff for that since she was the first DC star that I can recall, who decided to sing as well as act. Then she wrote a book too, so I guess she just does it all!

    It's not that I hated Hilary Duff, cause I did love Lizzie Maguire, but after that it was like all of a sudden all the Disney Channel peeps were singing! And it got sooo annoying.

    Okay rant over!

    So yeah, GREAT picks there! ;)

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nevermore to pieces! It's on my list, too ^^ The Ghost & the Goth is also a good one! I just love that cover. I hadn't heard of Bad Girls Don't Die but the description sounded so creepy that I added it to the TBR immediately.
    I haven't seen any of the movies you featured, apart from Harry Potter (obviously).

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I've heard great things about The Ghost and the Goth and Nevermore looks like a great read. I love your movie choices. All fun Halloween-y movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Ghost and the Goth and Dead River!! Great choices! I haven't seen Hocus Pocus in years. I need to rewatch it. Have a happy Halloween!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great movies! I love Hocus Pocus, it is one of my absolute favorites :) THe Ghost and the Goth is also a fun read, I have had my eyes on Bad Girls Don't Die but just have not gotten around to it yet.

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade seems like it would be a good read!
    I've been wanting to read Nevermore by Kelly Creagh for quite sometime!
    Great list!
    If you feel like it please feel free to see mine here
    http://wonderstruck-kcks.blogspot.com/2014/10/top-ten-tuesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...